Therapeutic Foster Care. For Kids with Unique Needs.
Foster parents are an important part of the treatment team and work in concert with a child’s therapist, case manager and social worker to ensure each child has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our foster parents are specially trained to support a child’s emotional and developmental needs and are continually supported by our agency staff.
Foster parents provide a structured and nurturing environment for vulnerable youth. They extend to each child the support and encouragement necessary for him or her to thrive in their environment.
Becoming a therapeutic foster parent means:
- Learning effective techniques to work with children that have experienced trauma
- Ensuring a child’s physical, emotional and developmental needs are met in an environment that is free of abuse and neglect
- Getting tax-free reimbursement for the daily expenses of each child in your care
- Opening your heart and home to a child in need and inviting them to be a part of your family
- Showing a child love, consistency and affection
- Changing a life one child at a time!