Our services include pre-service training, assistance in completing licensing requirements and applying for the license, and ongoing guidance and support once children are placed in your home. The entire licensing process generally takes between 1-3 months, and includes the following:
- Completion of the Licensing Application
- Participation in Pre-service Training
- Completion of the Home Study process
- A positive recommendation to the State Licensing Office
- Approval of the licensing request from your state Department of Child Safety (DCS)
Once you have your license, you can accept placements of foster children in your home. When this occurs, StepStone staff provides ongoing home monitoring, supervision and support to help ensure you and the child(ren) you serve have a successful experience!