Family Support Means Everything.
If you’re thinking about becoming a foster parent, we’re there with the support services that make it easy.
In some states, StepStone provides Parent Aide and/or In-Home Family Support Services through which families receive individualized support and instruction in parenting skills, life management and home management through a variety of techniques, including our parenting and resource education programs. These services are typically available on a private-pay basis or when referred through a state case manager.
Family Support Specialists assist families through:
- Family Advocacy: Supporting families’ growth and development of parenting skills.
- Promoting Safe and Stable Families: Strengthening and stabilizing families through a continuum of services.
- Parent Education: Enhancing the ability of parents to create stable and nurturing environments which promote safety for all family members and healthy child development.
- Visitation Services: Supporting family connections by providing visitation services to families working toward reunification, or those with court-ordered visitation that requires professional supervision.
- Home-Based Services: Parenting, life and home management skills offered in the privacy of the family’s home.
In addition to the above, the In-Home Family Support services program provides individual and family counseling to parents and families involved with the state CPS system. These services are provided by licensed, masters level counselors in the privacy of the client’s home.
Parenting and Resource Education Programs
Our Parenting and Resource Education Programs are comprehensive interactive education and training program designed to teach and enhance the development of parenting skills, the knowledge and use of community resources and the development of personal and family life management skills. Offering a comprehensive curriculum, the programs are individualized to meet the unique needs of each family served, and clients receive ongoing feedback on their progress.
Outpatient Counseling Services
StepStone provides traditional counseling services provided by licensed, masters level counselors and target the enhancement of interpersonal skills such as feelings and anger management, problem solving, conflict resolution, making sound decisions and effective parenting. Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments are available to meet the needs of you and your family.