Participate in our first annual Wrapped in Love Blanket Drive for Indiana’s foster kids. Click to learn how you can help!
StepStone Family & Youth Services of Indiana provides care, treatment and stability for children in the least restrictive setting until a permanency goal is met.
Our holistic program of treatment for children includes a team made of the child’s biological family (if applicable), foster family, teachers, public custodial agency worker, counselors and all other significant individuals in the child’s life. We focus on the emotional, social, medical, academic and cultural needs of the child.
The ultimate goal is for every child placed in our care is stability, continuity of treatment and permanence through reunification with the biological family, adoption or self-sufficiency.
Becoming a Foster Parent
The list below provides a brief overview of foster requirements:
- 21+ years of age
- Background checks
- Specialized training
- Physician’s health statement
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Patience to work with challenging youth
- Environmentally safe home
Becoming a licensed foster parent can take as few as three months. Licensing staff will work at your pace and provide assistance along the way.
Our foster parents receive a supportive case management team. You are never without help if needed. The case management team provides the following services.
- Understanding and how to utilize community resources
- Teaching critical thinking skills
- Educating and demonstrating coping skills and conflict management
- Providing youth behavioral management/modification interventions
- Providing parenting and child development training
- Providing direct support to foster families
- Develop and structure time and money management skills
- Meal planning and preparation training
- Family transportation services