Interested in Becoming a Foster Parent?
When you make the important decision to become a foster parent, you are helping the community, as well as, making a significant positive impact on the personal, emotional, and physical health of a child in need. If you are considering becoming a foster parent, StepStone Family & Youth Services (formerly Braley & Thompson) provides comprehensive training and resources to support you 24 hours 7 days a week!
Through our support of foster families, we take great efforts to provide continuity of care for all of the youth in our program. We believe in the importance of providing relevant information and training for our foster parents and staff to provide the type of quality care that our foster care youth deserve.
Why choose StepStone for foster care?
- Paid respite
- Intensive Case Management
- Stability Specialist Services to Enhance Support when needed
- Evidence-based pre-service training
- Incentives for referring other parents
- On-going training opportunities
- 24/7/365 on-call assistance for emergencies
Providing Foster Care Services since 1979
StepStone offers exceptional community-based treatment programming to serve the needs of children and families throughout Virginia. Services include:
- Therapeutic & non-therapeutic foster care
- Short-term foster care
- Information & training for prospective foster families
- Foster family resources
- Agency & support referrals (forms available)
- Independent living apartments, courses, services & support
- Home Study completion using the SAFE home study model
- Family Partnership meeting facilitation in Forest and surrounding areas
Independent Living Apartment Program
StepStone – Virginia offers an independent living apartment program to assist participants in reaching their independent living goals. We provide employment assistance, case management, partial onsite supervision and a support network to help transition from youth to adulthood.