Help provide comfort and warmth to foster youth with our second annual Wrapped in Love blanket drive. We are now accepting new blankets to help keep foster kids warm and cozy this winter.
Click HERE for drop-off locations in Ohio!
Children need a safe place they can call home. And families need strong support too. StepStone Family & Youth Services of Ohio supports young people in need of alternative, safer living environments.
We connect children who need homes to families who provide nurturing care. We’re committed to making a difference in the lives of the children, families and communities we serve.
- Every child deserves to grow up in a safe and healthy environment
- No family functions well in isolation. Support systems are an essential ingredient for families
- Families possess strengths upon which to build
- A crisis can create an opportunity for change
Our foster care process
You’ll begin your journey towards becoming a foster parent by completing the licensing application and home study while simultaneously attending pre-service training classes.
All prospective foster parents will need to complete pre-service training which includes training in CPR/First Aid, Medication Administration and StepStone policies and procedures.
These trainings help guide the way for you to successfully parent children who started life in a family that is most likely very different from yours. The pre-service classes teach these skills and help support you as you prepare to become a foster parent.
- Completion of the licensing application
- Completion in pre-service training
- Completion of the home study process
- A positive recommendation to the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services
- Approval of the licensing request from the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services
Therapeutic & non-therapeutic foster care
Therapeutic foster parents provide a structured and nurturing environment for vulnerable youth. They are specially trained to support a child’s emotional and developmental needs and are continually supported by our agency staff.
Non-therapeutic foster care is traditional foster care that provides the caring, safety and security that kids need. Children in non-therapeutic foster care are typically developing kids in need of a safer, more stable living environment.