Why get licensed?
Kinship providers are adult relatives or a person who have a significant relationship with a child that Department of Child Safety (DCS) has placed in your care.
Becoming a licensed foster parent for the child or children in your care can offer additional supports. As a licensed foster home not only will you be subjected to the same licensing standards as regular foster homes but you also gain additional support from a licensing agency to help maneuver through foster care system.
- Must be at least 21
- If married, both spouses must complete all licensing requirements
- Applicants must all attend APTCH pre-service training requirements
- All adults in the home must obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Family must be financially able to meet their own needs
- Applicants must show proof of lawful presence
- Must have the time to devote to a child or adult in need
- Home must be able to pass a home inspection.
- If you have a pool or spa, you must comply with safety guidelines.